Thai Agro Energy Plc. is resolved to produce and sell fuel ethanol with quality measuring up to standards. The company seeks to assure and satisfy business partners with product and service by adhering to 3 codes of good practice that is:
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Continuing development and improvement of the production efficiency process;
- Controlling the quality of feedstocks, chemicals and industrial water; and assuring product quality through manufacturing process auditing to meet the ISO 9001:2008 standard;
- Instiling in TAE employees conscience to respond to customers’ demand with accountability, efficiency and sincerity.
Thai Agro Energy Plc. is determined to manage and operate business with responsibility towards society and stakeholders ie. shareholders, customers, trading partners, employees and surrounding communities. To this end, TAE has laid down the company’s codes of practice towards stakeholders that is in line with Good Corporate Governance while campaigning for and encouraging employees’ involvement in activities contributing to sustainable development of quality of life of the employees themselves, surrounding communities and society.
The company’s policies and codes of practices cover 4 aspects as follows:
TAE has the intention to run environmentally responsible operation under the following principles:
- Keeping abreast with and adhering to environmental laws and regulations;
- Developing and improving the production process and the industrial waste management system in order to minimize the impact of pollution on environment and to comply with ISO14001:2014;
- Promoting environmental awareness among employees at all levels so that they take the responsibility to conserve the environment inside and outside the plant;
- Devising operational plans, implementing and constantly monitoring and evaluating the outcome;
- Developing the plant’s premises and surroundings in order to become a “Green Plant”.
- Safety and occupational health
TAE considers employees’ safety and occupational health to be its fundamental responsibility and key to organizational success and growth. The company, therefore, laid down the following policies and principles:
- Abiding by laws and regulations relating to safety and occupational health; minimizing and controlling risks in hazardous working conditions;
- Imposing safety precautions and providing protective equipment for employees while working;
- Regularly educating and training employees about accident prevention and accident management;
- Appointing a safety, occupational health and environment committee to devise action plans, monitor and evaluate performance and results.
- Natural resource conservation
Placing great emphasis on efficient use of natural resources, TAE created the following resource management strategies:
- Energy conservation
- Utilizing biogas from waste water treatment system as fuel for steam production and electricity generation;
- Using power-efficient and power-saving devices to reduce electricity consumption;
- Conducting energy audits in order to achieve optimal efficiency of electricity consumption;
- Educating employees so that they understand and take responsibility to conserve all kinds of energy within the plant.
- Water resource and wastewater treatment
- Conducting scheduled audits of the raw water treatment system and devices in the pipeline system to prevent loss of water resulting from leakage or damaged devices;
- Recycling reclaimed water for use in the production process and in the company’s agricultural demonstration plots;
- Regularly auditing water quality to avoid undesirable effects on the quality of ethanol output;
- No discharge of treated wastewater into the environment in compliance to “Zero Discharge” measure;
- Promoting economical use of water for utilization and consumption.
- Air Pollution Management
- Regularly improving of gas into the atmosphere and maintaining an impeccable biogas production system to ensure no leakage
- Conducting scheduled audits of the fuel combustion system to ensure that the quality of exhausted flue gas meets the Industrial Works Department’s emission standards;
- Auditing air quality every 6 months.
- Social responsibility
TAE is well aware that “society” -- from small society of employees who play a vital role in strengthening the organization’s potentiality and competitiveness to extended society at communal and national levels -- is key to corporate sustainability and steady growth. The company, therefore, has initiated various activities targeting different levels of society as outlined below:
- Organizational level
- Developing skills of employees at all levels; building intra-organizational knowledge towards competence management;
- Encouraging employees to express their opinions about the organization;
- Encouraging employees to take part in community development.
- Community level
- Conserving natural resources and environment;
- Promoting and enhancing quality of life;
- Promoting youth education and learning in the community;
- Promoting learning and interest in culture, ethics and dhamma as foundation for the development of quality of life for youths.
- National level
- Supporting environment conservation activities;
- Supporting the development of learning, public mind and social responsibility among youths.